Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Energizer 6 LED Trailfinder Headlight


Images Borrowed From The Internet

I just bought one of these Energizer Trailfinder headlight at Walmart to use for fishing at night or pre-dawn hours.

I have seen these types of headlights for sale at various retailers but some were too expensive in my opinion for essentially what amounts to an LED flashlight. Would you pay $50 or more for something like this? Not me. But at under $15, I thought it was worth a try.

To my amazement, the 6 LED version light is actually a lot brighter than I thought it might be! The light has spot, flood, spot + flood and night vision (red LED) settings. It is powered by 3 AAA-sized batteries (included) and will run for 20 hours (with four LEDs on at once), 50 hours (with two LEDs on) or 75 hours (red LEDs.) And when worn on your head, it's actually quite comfortable. The elastic strap holds the lightweight light easily against your forehead.

While other brands and models may be built better and more waterproof, for under $15, this isn't too bad. With its adjustable headstrap and tilting feature, you can aim the light right where you need it. Go buy one if you need to have a light and keep your hands free. Great for emergency use in case of a blackout too! An excellent long-term use review can be found by clicking here.

No comments: