Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Monster Pike From Sunday's Fishing Outing!!


While I was not lucky to catch anything this past Sunday on my outing to Lake Michigan, angler Chris Morehead caught a very impressive 34", 13 lb. Northern Pike!

I was only able to stay out at Johnson Pier until 9 AM, but Chris and his friend Craig Talley stayed much longer. Chris caught this huge fish at around 3 PM. Talk about toughing it out and sticking with it! Well, it paid off for him. I believe he says this is the largest catch he has had yet and it's a beauty! Craig took the photo and both have given me their permission to post this here on my blog.

So while Lake Michigan was iced over that morning, persistence paid off! The fish was released after the photo was taken. Click on the photo for a closer look.

1 comment:

Craig said...

Great Fish Chris! you are the man