Sunday, June 27, 2010

Parkview Junior High Reunion Picnic


This past Saturday, I attended a picnic reunion of my junior high school from Morton Grove, IL.

Cathy, one of our classmates, organized the event and got a lot of our classmates to attend this special event. Many who no longer live in Illinois, came in just to see old friends.

It is just wonderful to see how many of my classmates valued the friendships from the past. While I was only at Parkview Junior High in my 8th grade, I still remembered most of these people. I may not have had contact with them at all while at the school, but I definitely remember their names and also what they were like in 8th grade. Many of them remembered me as well.

It seems I have been to many reunions in the past few years. Even so, I'm still not tired of it. I think it is true that you can't break old friendships if you hold them dear to your heart. It seems many of my old classmates feel the same way.

For this group photo, I placed my Nikon D3 camera on a tripod, set the controls to fire with the built-in timer, jogged to join the group in time and Voila! I'm in the photo on the far right! Be sure to click on the image for a closer look.

No comments: