Thursday, June 24, 2010

Going Fishing Tonight!


I should have some photos by tomorrow as I'm going fishing out on a boat on Lake Michigan tonight.

We had planned to do this on Wednesday night, but we cancelled due to the bad weather. Today's weather is very nice! We are targeting Salmon out there! The owner of the boat says the last couple of times he was out there, they were getting King Salmon! I'm looking forward to that! Much bigger fish than the Coho Salmon I caught on the last outing! With any luck, I hope to bring one of these monsters in! :)

Every time I mention salmon in Lake Michigan, people ask, "Are there salmon in Lake Michigan?" While they are not native to the Great Lakes, salmon are actually stocked into the lake. This is why there is an extra fee for a Salmon stamp to add to your regular fishing license. So yes, there are salmon in the Great Lakes!

(The image posted was found on the internet)

No comments: