Thursday, August 26, 2010

Looking Forward To Cooler Days

It has been extremely hot this summer. With all the fishing gear I now own, I haven't really had a lot of chances to get out there to do much fishing! The weather has just been too hot and that takes away a lot of the enjoyment.

As we approach the fall season, I'm looking forward to getting out to catch some salmon from the piers at Waukegan Harbor. The fish come in to spawn and so the opportunities will be better. Hopefully the weather will be better too!

Last night, I grilled up one of the fillets of the Brown Trout that was caught by one of my fishing buddies, Beau, the last time we were out on a boat with our Captain, Keith. Both guys are Navy guys. You can see the fish and Beau in the photo.  I marinated the fish fillet in a mixture of 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, and some ginger root. Grilled it for 7 minutes on one side and then another 7 minutes on the other side. I placed it on some aluminum foil and oiled both the fish and the foil. Turned out great! :)

Be sure to click on the photo for a closer look.

No comments: