Saturday, October 02, 2010

Last Night's "Chicago" Tribute Band - A Huge Success



Last night, I performed with my brother and several members of his church in a "Chicago" tribute band.  We had over 150 people attend the event making it the largest attended coffee house event for their church.  I had anticipated at least 100 people, but we ended up with even more.

I started out the evening with two songs to get warmed up.  After that, we had the rest of the band join in and we played seven songs from the group Chicago.  I have posted the songs at www.russlowe.com/chicago.  Be sure to check it out!  (Edit note: please see my Oct 18, 2010 post for videos of two of the songs we performed.)

The entire band had only one rehearsal together and that was only about 45 minutes before everyone started to show up for the concert!  While my brother had rehearsed several times with the horn players and I attended one of these as well, we had not played together with everyone in attendance.  So with all things considered, we didn't do too bad for a quick "pickup" band!

Enjoy the songs on the link above!

No comments: