Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Retreat



This weekend, my wife and I got to go on a weekend retreat with several members of our church.  We were graciously given the opportunity to stay in a nice log cabin up in Wisconsin.  The cabin was truly a log cabin as every inch of the home was made out of real logs.  Even the steps were half-sawn logs!

The property had its own private lake and so one of my friends and I got to do a little fishing.  Since there was only one rod and reel available, I let him fish while I pointed out the fish I saw in the water.  It worked great!  We caught a total of five small large-mouth bass in less than an hour!  The water was so clear that we could easily see them looking at the lure and then go after the artificial bait!  That made it a lot easier!  Too bad I don't get this kind of advantage while fishing for salmon out on Lake Michigan!

We had a great time and it felt really good to get away just for the weekend.

Be sure to click on each image for a closer look.

No comments: