Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And yet another review goes filtered...

I don't want to beat a dead horse... but yet another one of my good reviews has gone to the "filtered"area of the "not to be named" review site.

So now... I have 3 reviews left that can be easily seen... 2 good, 1 bad and 10 good reviews filtered in the "hidden" area.

Is it me, or is this review site totally off base here?

I'm now waiting for all of my good reviews to go to filtered... just so that the one bad review stays.  At that point, I guess I can say I'd be batting 1000 for bad reviews.  Wouldn't that be interesting?

Doesn't seem right, does it?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Your experiences have changed the way I look at this review site. I try to post reviews of places I love, but after being stalked by a user on this site and having private information shared, I do not log in or post from my account.

This restaurant is featured in today's Chicago groupons and seems to be having a very similar experience: http://www.yelp.com/biz/canta-napoli-pizzeria-mt-prospect

Most of the reviews that are left are not very helpful at all!

russlowe said...

Jessica:

I checked out their reviews and it seems a lot of their good reviews (18 good and only one bad one) got filtered! This only leaves a lot of bad reviews up on the site which makes it look like they have only bad reviews!

If you were to average out their reviews, their rating should be a lot higher!

For Balanced Exposure, I'm currently rated at 4 out of 5 stars. But if you were to take the 10 good reviews and add them to my total, I'd be probably 4.9 out of 5 stars. While it may not seem like a lot, it actually is when you consider only 3 reviews are left visible.

I agree... this site is not helpful.

Thanks.

Dan said...

I always go by the "beware what you read on the internet" way of thinking, if a place has all gold stars and no negative comments I am more suspicious. A few negative comments are to be expected. I would rate you 9 out of 5 stars Russ :D

russlowe said...

Thanks Dan and Jessica!