Monday, October 17, 2011

Vindicated!

I'm back to 5 stars out of 5 stars!  The single negative review has gone to the "filtered" area of the "not to be named" review site!

This reviewer only had one review to his name and so it should have gone to the filtered area like all the others, but it remained on the main viewing area for many weeks.  But checking in today, I found it had finally been moved to the filtered area like all the other good reviews I had been given that had only a single review from the reviewers.  It sure took a lot longer for this to happen though...

Edit Note:  As of 11/08/11, the "bad review" has come back out of the filtered area!  The reviewer still has only one review to his name, so really, it should have stayed "filtered" like all the other good reviews that have been banished there.  This time, I have figured out how to place a comment in the review, so I did that to set the record straight.

The "not-to-be-named review site" actually called me several weeks ago to ask if I wanted to advertise on their site.  I told them "NO WAY!"  I wonder if this is why we now see the bad review resurfacing?  Makes you wonder, doesn't it....

1 comment:

russlowe said...

An update note from Sept 2012: I noticed a review that only had one review to the reviewer's name come back to the main site after it had gone to the filtered area for quite a while. I kid you not, but the very next day, I got a phone call from the review site asking if I wanted to be a sponsor! I told him I was not a fan of their site and absolutely would not be a sponsor.

The review is still on the site. Based on their own "rules" single reviews go to their filtered area, but why is this one not going there? It really seems too much more than a coincidence that things like this happens and more than once too!

I also noticed that a competitive school that is very close to my location had a lot of extremely BAD reviews! But this school is a sponsor of the site. Now, if you look up this school, it only has GOOD reviews to it's name. All of the BAD reviews are now gone!

Coincidence? I think not. This review site, while extremely popular appears to have double standards. That's too bad for consumers.