Monday, August 13, 2012

Moolah Theater and Lounge - St Louis Missouri

This past week, I went to St. Louis, MO with my wife and daughter.  One of the things we did was go to watch The Dark Knight Rises - Batman movie.

After attempting to go in the Chicago area but being unsuccessful in getting tickets to a matinee showing, we decided to see it in St. Louis.  My daughter recommended we go to the Moolah Theater and Lounge which is in the St Louis University campus.  $7.00 per person for a matinee.  Not bad.

But the real surprise was the theater itself.  The seats were all couches!  Loveseats, mostly.  Cozy!  I'd never been in a theater with couches for seating!  Of course the balcony had regular theater seating, but this was definitely different. And, there was a guy who actually played the organ while we waited for the movie to start!  I'd never seen that before!  He was actually really good too!  It reminded me of the old theaters you'd read about in the past where someone played an organ during silent pictures.  Cool!

And after the movie was over, ushers stood near the exits with a basketful of hard candy for you to take on your way out!

Totally unexpected and gratifying experience!  My wife didn't like the loveseat seating though as she felt it gave her a neck-ache having to lean upwards to watch the movie.  Oh well, can't win them all.  But I was happy with it.  Check out the theater if you are ever in the St. Louis area!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I wish there were more theaters like that.