Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fishing Again at Racine Harbor - Racine Wisconsin

Once again, I went fishing out at Racine Harbor.  I was able to land two King Salmon this time but lost another one.  I had set my drag a little too low and as I was adjusting it, the fish decided it was time to jump and spit the hook out!  I knew I was going to lose the fish right after I had hooked it... I could just feel it was going to happen.  At least I was able to get two though!

The first one was a 7 lb - male, King Salmon (Chinook) and the other was a 12 lb, 32 inch female King Salmon (Chinook).

Special thanks to my friend Mike whose invaluable tutoring has led me to fishing success this year!  I am extremely grateful!  Thanks Mike!

Photos taken by my friend Jim who was out there with me.  The camera was my Lumix DMC-LX5.

I'm headed out there again tomorrow!



2 comments:

Daniel said...

Nice fish there buddy, next time you have to do a take a photo holding two.

russlowe said...

I was going to do that, but decided the fish were too slimy to hold one in each hand! They kept slipping out, so I just decided to do one at a time.