Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12 A Good Day to Launch The Balanced Exposure Forum

I have launched the Balanced Exposure Forum!

With the encouragement of many Facebook friends, I stayed up all night long and created an online photography forum.  It wasn't that hard to do, but that's only because I know a little bit about how forums should work.

For many years, I was a moderator of the Acoustic Guitar Forum... the largest forum of its kind on the internet.  And with the permission of the AGF's owner and senior moderator, I borrowed their rules and regulations and modified it to fit my own forum.

I have not pulled an "all-nighter" in quite a while, but I was excited to get this done.  I contacted Network Solutions (where I host the Balanced Exposure website) and asked what it would take to have my forum server there and the cost was way too prohibitive.  After that call, I was feeling this forum was not going to happen.

But during my Studio Photography class last night, I was encouraged to seek out some of the other options to have a forum and I found a company where I could put the forum for free!  Well, it's not quite 100% free, but compared to the cost I was expecting, it's really quite low monthly.

I hope my students will utilize this new tool to communicate with each other and learn from each other.  I want them to post photos (hopefully using links to other sites like Photobucket, Flicker and others) and also to post classified ads if they are selling their used camera gear.

Stop by the new forum for a while and post something!  To see the forum, you must register as a user.  There's no cost to do that... you just need a screen name and that's why you need to register.

Click here to see the forum!

No comments: