Monday, January 13, 2014

Medieval Times - 1-12-14

I had a chance to visit Medieval Times yesterday to take some promotional photos for my upcoming field trip classes to the castle in February and March.  Our knight was the red/yellow knight who  won the final fight sequence!

This is not an easy photo shoot!  It will challenge my students in terms of their ability to figure out good exposures and also their abilities to focus manually.  Lots of movement to shoot, varying lighting conditions and other things to watch out for.

During the hand-to-hand fight sequences, a tightly knit net is brought up to protect the audience.  Trying to photograph anything through this using auto-focus is next to impossible.  Manual focus is the way to do it!

I'm looking forward to seeing how well my students do at this show.  Come join me in February and March for the field trips!  To read more about the photo field trips, click here.















No comments: