Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Batteries for Dirt Cheap



How Do They Make Any Money????

I ordered ten of these Lithium CR2032 batteries on eBay for $1.98 including shipping... from China!

How do they make any money selling ten of these batteries AND also pay for shipping all the way from China to the United States?

It was possible for me to have ordered just five batteries for $0.99 including shipping.  They would have shipped it all the way here too for that price!  How do they make any money doing this?

I ordered these batteries for my Carson SM-44 lighted 5x SensorMag Magnifier.  I use this device to see dust particles on the image sensor of my cameras.  They take two of these lithium CR2032 batteries.  But rather than buy them at a higher price here in the US, I thought I'd take a chance for $1.98 to see if this company in China would actually ship it here for that low of a price.  They did!



I've ordered other things from eBay in the past that came from other countries.  I purchased a Mamiya RB67 medium format camera from Japan on eBay.  Took only 3 days to get it here!  I also purchased a Mamiya lens from Hong Kong.  Took four days!  Each time, the shipping was fast and the prices were a lot lower than items I could have purchased here in the USA.

For small items like these batteries, do yourself a favor and try ordering on eBay.  If it doesn't come, you are only out a small amount of money.  But if it comes, you are saving a LOT of money.  I think it's worth the risk. 

1 comment:

russlowe said...

The cameras I purchased on eBay were for my display case at Balanced Exposure. I would not recommend ordering cameras that are not officially imported into the USA from the authorized US distributors because you will want warranty. Since my cameras were for a display case and not for actual photography work, I felt it was fine to buy from out of the country to use them as "museum" pieces. Also be aware, you should always buy the official "name brand" camera battery for your DSLR camera. Some third party camera batteries can be dangerous for your DSLR Camera. In this case, these small batteries are for a device that is inexpensive and worth risking with one of these Chinese made batteries.