Thursday, February 19, 2015

2015 Chicago Auto Show









I attended the 2015 Chicago Auto Show with one of my students from Balanced Exposure and also with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law.

We went on a Thursday morning which meant the show floor had a lot less people than on a weekend morning.  This made it a lot easier for me to get around on my scooter and for us to cover the show without too many people getting in our way as we took photos.

Like many other years, I concentrated on taking photos of concept cars and prototypes, but I also look for models to photograph as well.  Many of them realize I'm taking a photo and usually will pose for me as the model above did.

My goal at this show was to go with students, but only one student went with me.  Being a mid-week morning and afternoon made it difficult for those who work to go with me, but I wanted less of a crowd to contend with.  I mounted an orange bicycle flag on a fiberglass pole to my scooter so that it would be easier to spot me should we separate.  It really came in handy a couple of times!  Believe me, if you take one wrong turn, you can easily lose the other person!  But looking for the tall flag, it was a lot easier to reconnect.

The images above were taken with a Nikon D4s camera and Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 lens.

No comments: