Monday, August 10, 2015

Catfish Caught at Racine Harbor




I went fishing this morning at Racine Harbor, but as usual, I didn't catch anything.

I saw at least 10 fish swimming directly in front of me!  I threw every lure at them even hitting a couple of the fish in the head with my bait... nothing!  I could not get them to bite!

Disappointed, I decided to travel down a little farther than where I usually fish and ran into this nice gentleman named Rick who told me he had caught a catfish!  In all the years he had been fishing out of Lake Michigan (since he was a boy), he had never seen anyone catch a catfish out of Lake Michigan!

He said while fishing, he caught a very small Gobi (which is an invasive species that we all don't want in the lake.)  He decided to use the gobi as bait and caught this nice catfish with it!  I asked if I could take his picture and he kindly obliged.  I'll email the photos to him.

While I didn't catch anything (nobody else did too except for Rick), at least this catfish got caught!  Congrats Rick!

No comments: