Monday, January 04, 2016

Real Estate Photography - New Class for Agents and Brokers










The last several years, I had been thinking that I needed to offer some photography training to real estate agents and brokers.  The photos they use to market homes on the MLS (multiple listing service) range from really great to really poor.  It has always amazed me to think that some agents try to market homes that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars with substandard photos!

Above are just some of the photos I took today of one of my students' home.  I shot them properly with a Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 ultrawide angle lens.  But below are some examples of the same home taken on "auto mode" with a DSLR camera.  You can see, some did not come out too well because "auto mode" misinterprets the interior lighting due to the outside light from the window!  Auto mode is NOT the best way to photograph homes!  Plus, I used a typical wide angle lens too at 18mm on an APS-C cropped sensor camera.  It's usually not wide enough.  Can you see a difference between the properly shot images vs the average "auto mode" images?








No comments: