Friday, March 04, 2016

2016 San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf


















I went to visit my mom and sister's family this week in San Francisco.

Lots of sights to see out there, but the easiest for me to get around with my scooter was Fisherman's Wharf.  Had to get some In-N-Out food, so I ordered a Double Double burger (two patties with two slices of cheese) and Animal Style Fries (Thousand Island, Grilled Onions and Cheese on Fries) and a drink.  Cost was $11.09 (yes, it was expensive, but you just got to do it when you are in California!)  I also ordered a cup of clam chowder at one of the street vendor's booth (got to do that too for $6 and tax). 

I saw a street performer playing smooth jazz on his Fender Stratocaster, so I had to talk to him and give him a tip.  He was really good.  I had seen him out there in June 2015 as well.  Like me, he's been playing over 40 years!

I also had to take a photo of Alcatraz prison.  I've been there before in the past (as a visitor, not as an inmate).

Also, while at Pier 39, I saw a Zoltar fortune telling machine!  Remember the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks?  If you haven't seen that movie, go check it out and you'll understand why I needed to photograph it.  By the way, all the images here were taken with a Canon 70D and Canon 18-135 IS STM lens... except for the Zoltar image.  That was taken with my iPhone 6S+.  Not bad for a phone photo, eh?

No comments: