Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Lake Zurich Fishing - Two for Four



Went fishing this morning from 6 AM to 11 AM with my friend Jim at Lake Zurich.  I got four hits, but only landed the last two.

The first two came off the hook after a short fight.  The first one, I believe I did not set the hook properly to hook the fish.  We saw that it as a large mouth bass (as were all the others) when it broke through the surface of the water.  Same thing happened with the second fish.

By the time the third one was on the line, I made sure the hook set was good and we landed it.  13" Large Mouth Bass... which broke my dry spell of last year.  All last year, I didn't get any fish!  The fourth fish was a 14" large mouth bass.  All fish were caught with Gary Yamamoto's Senko plastic worms (6") that were Texas rigged. (photo courtesy of the internet):



Both fish were released back to the water.  Felt good to get something finally!  Jim wasn't as fortunate and didn't even get a nibble.

No comments: