Monday, August 29, 2016

8 Inch Coho Salmon from Racine Harbor


Went fishing at Racine Harbor (Wisconsin) today with my friend Jim.  It was the first day we have fished for Salmon this season since early in the Spring.

I hooked this small 8 inch Coho Salmon with a spoon around 7:12 AM.  Poor little guy was hooked really good and while I released him, most likely will not survive.  I was actually very surprised to hook into a salmon this small this time of year!  He was just a baby.

Anyway, while we were there, we saw two king salmons and one coho salmon being caught.  Another fish got away from another angler.  This small salmon was the only fish we caught while there this morning.

You have to always watch out for ducks while fishing. They like swimming right in front of your fishing line! I photographed these two with my iPhone.



We left Racine and headed over to Lake Zurich to try our luck before calling it a day.  Jim was lucky to land a 13-1/2 inch Large Mouth Bass on a crank bait.  Based on its size, Jim released him back to the lake.

We head out again on Thursday!!



No comments: