Monday, October 03, 2016

San Francisco - Oct 3, 2016




Saw this elderly Chinese gentleman playing a traditional Chinese instrument called the Erhu at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco today. A lot of people took his photo but didn't give him a tip. I dropped in my tip... twice! Another guy was paying a nylon string guitar several hundred feet away, but was amplified. He got tips. I also tipped him, but only once.  I think he kinda overpowered the Chinese man.  Come on!  It's San Francisco!  I think I'd rather see the Chinese man play!  Although the guitarist was rather good playing Flamenco Guitar...  Interestingly, later that day, I saw another street guitarist hanging around to listen to the guitar guy.  That guitarist only had a steel string guitar with him that was not amplified.  Not too good either.  I think he was scoping out his competition!

The top photo was also taken at Fisherman's Wharf.  Sailing with Alcatraz in the background!

By the way, doesn't the guy with the guitar remind you of Heisenberg from "Breaking Bad"? (Image borrowed from the internet)


No comments: