Thursday, February 23, 2017

The People Vs OJ Simpson


I finished watching "The People Vs OJ Simpson" on Netflix. After teaching the crime scene processing class, it sparked my interest to see how TV would portray OJ's case. I liked the show.

My only connection to this case was that the LA District Attorney's Office had called upon one of the San Diego DA's Office's deputy DA's to help make the jury understand what DNA evidence was all about. That was Woody Clark. I recall being asked by Woody to videotape a DNA evidence seminar that he put together for other attorneys and investigators during the time I was with the San Diego DA's Office. Woody was one of the best DNA attorneys at the time. Seems LA needed him to help with the DNA evidence for the prosecution's side.

I recall seeing him on TV and thinking, "Hey! It's Woody!"

I also remember being at a Best Buy at the time the OJ verdict was being read. People hovered over the TV Department to watch. I think we were all stunned when the verdict was read, "Not Guilty"! A huge silence from the crowd... and then a lot of shaking of heads in disbelief.

Watch the show on Netflix if you get a chance. It's pretty good.

No comments: