Friday, September 22, 2017

Final Fishing Trip For 2017


I did a lot of fishing this season for salmon, but the fish did not cooperate at all. Not even a single bite or bump of my line. It has been a very tough season this year and it just seems that every year for the past three years has been more difficult than the last. Even so, I still enjoy being out there trying. I get to see stars before the dawn over the water. I get to see the sunrise. I don't get that privilege hanging around at home. So here's the sunrise from my final fishing trip of the season taken on 9-20-17. It was nice of the angler in the boat to be in my shot as well.

The image was taken with my small Lumix DMC-LX5 camera. It's a four thirds sensor and I shot the image in manual settings. While it's a "point and shoot" camera, it has basic manual controls. There's no way an iPhone would have been able to shoot an image like this.
You don't always need a top of the line camera to get a shot if you know the basics. This camera cost about $250 many years ago. It has limitations, but you can overcome that if you have the knowledge of how to use a camera.
And yes, it was dark out there when this image was taken!

No comments: