Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Snagged An Alewife!





Last year, when I caught the one and only fish for the whole year, it was a Northern Pike in Kenosha Harbor.  Before catching it, I said, “Time to go home now?”  Then, I hooked onto the fish and said, “After I catch THIS FISH!”  And then I reeled him in!  

Well today, my buddy Jim and I went to Racine Harbor in Racine, Wisconsin to try out luck fishing.  The water was really murky and churned up so we had a feeling we would not catch anything.

After trying for hours with no luck, just for fun, I said the same thing today... “Time to go home now?  After I catch this fish!”  And lo and behold, I snagged the small Alewife!!  I guess that’s the magic phrase!  It has worked twice now!

Jim also snagged an Alewife today before I did!  No big fish for us today.  But at least we weren't "skunked"!

A little "Photoshop Magic" turned this small Alewife into a "Monster Alewife"!  Perhaps that's why some people don't believe me when I tell them I actually caught a big fish!  ;)
Here's last year's Northern Pike from Kenosha Harbor:


No comments: