Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Postings And Other Miscellaneous Things

Well, after much thought and advice from others, I think I'll be posting on here twice per week instead of daily going forward.

This is now "booking season" for me (as opposed to "wedding season") and it's getting rather busy. 2006 is going to be a great year it seems for me not just with new clients who have found me off the internet, but from many referrals from past clients as well. For that, I am very thankful and grateful.
_____________________________________________________

Also, for those readers who are camera buffs, Nikon has finally announced the D200 camera! It's now official and is great news for my 2006 clients as I will be using this camera for your weddings. Not to worry for those who are getting married still in 2005... you haven't been forgotten. The Fuji S3 Pro that I use currently along with my D100 (just sold one today!) will easily handle your wedding. The S3 Pro at 12.3 MP, is a larger megapixel camera as well (for those who think more megapixels equate to better performance.) In reality, either camera will do just fine for weddings.

The D200 will be a 10.2 MP camera as opposed to the 6.1 MP D100 camera. This should improve on images that will be used for larger prints, but most likely will not mean much of anything for photos printed under 11x14 in size. For smaller prints I doubt you will be able to tell any difference in quality between the two cameras. But being up to date is still a good thing so I'll be purchasing a D200 well before the 2006 wedding season.

Nikon expects the D200 to be available on store shelves by the end of December. How exciting! Can't wait! :)

No comments: