Thursday, April 27, 2006

"What Time Will You Arrive To Shoot My Wedding?"

A lot depends on what we plan to shoot!

I like to arrive early enough to take preparation photos of the bride (and groom) as well as photos of various details of the ceremony's venue. Often this means at least 2 hours before the wedding begins for weddings that have full day coverage.

But if you are getting ready at home and there is travel time involved to get from home to the church (or other venue) then that needs to be factored in as well.

Sometimes, brides like to schedule themselves to arrive within 15 minutes or less of the actual ceremony. That's fine, but I need to get to the church way before then. I need time to lock up my camera gear and to get situated. This means if you wait too long to leave for the church, I'm going to have to leave before you to get there early enough to set up.

Now if the bride and the groom are getting dressed at the church instead, this solves a lot of issues for getting photos taken. I can jump from the bride to the groom quickly to get my shots. Plus, photos of the church being "prepped" by the florist, guests arriving, details of the church, etc. can also be photographed easily.

So you see, it depends on what you plan to do and where you plan to do it that will determine how much time I will need to get my job done.

But in general, I need to arrive no later than 2 hours before any wedding.

I always call my clients one week before their wedding to review all the details of the wedding day. Plans often change from when we first meet to the day of the wedding. So it's important to discuss the wedding plans again.

Should you have any questions about anything regarding your wedding photography or about figuring out your wedding schedule, just give me a call or email me. I'm always happy to help!

No comments: