Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hofner - Beatle Bass


Wow! I recently saw this Hofner "Beatle Bass" hanging on the wall at Guitar Works in Evanston, IL.

This is the same model that was played by Paul McCartney during The Beatles' reign as the British Invasion was hitting the USA in the mid-sixties!

A friend of mine had one of these way back when I was playing in a band in the 70's. Unfortunately, his kids broke the bass years later. But this one looks like it's in great condition. I wonder how much something like this sells for today?

Vintage instruments, especially ones like this, tend to increase in value over time. The sign on the instrument has very fine print below the 1965 that reads, "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! All you need is $."

I guess that says it all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live near a vintage guitar store in Ohio. About 4 years ago they had a Hofner base that needed some electical work. Asking price was $1500.