Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Importance of Blogging

Recently, I received an email from my aunt who told me that she keeps up on what's happening in my life by reading my blog. Well, that's really cool!

I try to keep my blog interesting by posting about things like photography techniques, past forensic cases and other things that I think my audience would be interested in reading. But sometimes I do go a little deeper and give some insights on how I think. Kind of like this post! :)

Some photographers simply keep their blogs professional and only post about recent weddings or photo assignments they have done. That's ok. But I think a blog should be a little more than that. If a blog's audience is only intended for potential clients and clients, then perhaps that is the right thing to do. But for me, I have people from all over the world checking this out every week. Obviously, these people will never be my clients... they live too far away! But with my StatCounter, I can tell where people are in the world, how often they come to visit and how long they stay on-line. And with this information, I know that many people around the world come here often!

So, to keep it interesting to them, I post a little of everything... professional interests, personal interests, and the obscure as well.

If you read my blog often, I'm glad you are here. And for the new people who check my blog out, please bookmark it and come back again. I enjoy keeping up my blog and it does take a little effort to try to keep it fresh, especially during the "off season" when weddings aren't happening during the winter months. So for those of you who have stayed with me for so long, I give you my thanks!

2 comments:

Momma said...

funny thing - i actually contacted my best friend online from when i was 4 years old. she was shocked that i had looked her up and emailed her! but we are making plans to meet for dinner! how cool is that!
and blogging helped me keep in contact with my friends across the US when we went to college.
this is gonna sound dorky, but the internet is amazing ;)

russlowe said...

You are right! It IS amazing. I connected up with a friend I knew since kindergarten because of the internet. In fact, you can read all about that on one of the first posts I ever did on my blog. Go back to the October 2005 archives on my blog and look for the posts on Randall Gary Craig. I found Randy on the internet!!