Monday, May 14, 2007

Shooting With The Big Boys



At last Friday's Steel Drum gig, a couple of newspaper photographers were assigned to cover the event. Naturally, I had to take a few shots of them taking a few shots!

I love taking pictures of people taking pictures! Whether at a wedding reception or at something like this concert, I get a big kick seeing what other photographers are doing when I'm there shooting as well.

One guy had a Canon system and the other had a Nikon system. The Nikon photographer was using the same lens as I was that evening... a Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR lens. I was shooting with the Fuji S5 pro... also a Nikon-based system.

I wonder if these guys were wondering who I was? After all, I wasn't one of the "Press" that evening. I was just some dumb dad taking pictures of his kid... Ok, I'm a professional photographer too, but they didn't know that! LOL
Although I did move around, I tried my best to stay out of the way of these guys and let them have the best angles first.

No comments: