Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cubs Vs Astros at Wrigley Field

Beautiful Wrigley Field


The Pitch


The Swing


Another Swing


Point of Impact
(click to see larger image)


"And it's One, Two, Three Strikes You're Out!"


"Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack!"


I have not been to a Cubs game in several years, so going to the game today was a real treat.

My friend Steve treated my brother, another high school friend and me to a day at Wrigley Field and we had a terrific time! The game started out with a lot of action with plenty of homeruns happening between both teams.

But as hard as they tried, the Houston Astros were defeated 7-6 by the Cubs!

Go Cubs!

I shot nearly 150 images. Besides photographing the game (we were seated in aisle 222, several rows behind home plate), I also made sure to photograph some of the “action” happening around us too! The fans are a huge part of the game in my opinion and it would not be complete without photographing them as well.

We all had some hotdogs (can’t go to a Cubs game without having at least one hot dog!) but some fans followed the advice of the song, "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" (“Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack…”)

Going to a ball game with friends is about as American as apple pie!

No comments: