Monday, August 06, 2007

Taylor DN3




I purchased this Taylor guitar on eBay and planned to use it as my "beater" guitar. I got an exceptional price on it and couldn't pass it up. It was in mint condition too!

What was to be just a guitar to use when I didn't want to use my more expensive Taylor GS8, has now become the guitar I use every week at church!

I added a K&K Pure Western Mini pickup system and external pre amp to the guitar and it is now able to be "plugged in" and amplified.

Even though this is Taylor's least expensive all-solid wood guitar, it competes favorably to their more expensive models. It's a basic guitar with very little in terms of "bling," but wow... it plays great, sounds fantastic and is everything I would expect from a Taylor guitar.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced guitar, be sure to check out the Taylor DN3. Add an inexpensive pickup from K&K and you've got an incredible guitar for the money. And if you can find a deal on a good used one, jump on it and buy it! By the way, installing the K&K pickup was so easy! You can add one of these great pickups to any acoustic guitar.

No comments: