Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nikon D300

Nikon D300


Fujifilm S5 Pro


The Nikon D300 is the next camera in my camera kit. For 2007 weddings, I used two incredible Fuji S5 cameras and kept a Nikon D70s in my camera case as a backup. Based on the Nikon D200 body (I had two of these the year before), the S5 offered dramatically better low light capability over the D200's. But the new Nikon D300 has improved on the D200's low light capture and has also increased its ability in other areas as well.

It's a fast camera. Able to capture 6 frames per second with its standard battery or 8 frames per second with its optional "super" battery. Focusing is faster too, especially in low light. At 12.3 megapixels, large prints will be a piece of cake.

I'll be using the D300 alongside the two S5's for 2008. With these three cameras, next year's weddings will be a lot more efficient!

The new camera will be here next week. That will give me several months to practice with it before wedding season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button!
I'd without a doubt donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i'll settle for book-marking and
adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this blog
with my Facebook group. Chat soon!
Check out my web blog ... Nikon Coolpix L120 Cyber Monday