Monday, December 10, 2007

James Bond and Star Trek Trading Cards... What Are THESE Worth?



Back in the 1960's while the average boy in grade school was collecting baseball cards, I was collecting these: James Bond - "Thunderball" cards and Star Trek cards!

Like baseball cards, they included a stick of that extra hard chewing gum... you know the gum that was awful tasting and got hard after about 3 chews!

So what are these cards worth today? I have a bunch of these 1966 James Bond cards and 1967 Star Trek cards. Unfortuanately, they are not complete sets.

I'll bet I used a bunch of these cards in the spokes of my bicycle too. We used to put cards in the spokes by clipping them with clothes pins to the front and rear fork of our bicycles. That made the bikes sound like motorcycles as we pedalled down the street. Back then, we didn't have all the fancy toys that kids today have. We had to improvise.

My brother on the other hand, collected baseball cards and cards from the TV series Batman. He still has a bunch of them. Today, cards are big business, but back when we were kids, we just collected them because it gave us something to spend our allowances on! I also used to assemble plastic models too. I remember making everything from model cars, the USS Enterprise from Star Trek, and the Lunar Module (the Apollo space missions were big back then!)

I'm still surprised I have all this stuff. What have you kept from your childhood?

No comments: