Thursday, January 31, 2008

WPPI Convention


In mid-March, I'll be attending the WPPI convention in Las Vegas. I'm a member of the organization and have been for years.

The WPPI convention is the largest photography convention in the USA. The tradeshow allows photographers to see all the cool new gear and albums for the coming year and also has seminars and other training activities as well.

Networking with other photography professionals is also an added benefit. Photographers whom I have never met, but have corresponded with over various internet forums will be there. I am also a member of the Digital Wedding Forum (DWF) which is the largest internet forum of its type for Wedding Photographers. A bunch of us from this forum plan to get together while in Las Vegas. Currently, I'm compiling a list of email addresses and cell phone numbers of the members who will be attending so that we can contact each other while we are in Las Vegas. In fact, next Monday, the local Chicago chapter of the DWF will be gathering together to do some bowling!

I'm excited to go to the WPPI event. I hope to learn a lot and apply that to the upcoming weddings for the year. Of course, I'll post some photos from the show when I get back. Can't wait for March!

No comments: