Thursday, March 13, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia.com

This will be my last post on my blog until at least March 21.

I'm headed for Las Vegas on Sunday and will be gone for several days. The Wedding and Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) convention will be happening and I'll be there. An expected 10,000 professional photographers are expected to attend.

I'm traveling with another photographer from Chicago and we'll be rooming together. Special thanks to my sister who has a vacant condo in Las Vegas (as an investment) and is allowing us to stay there. Also, big thanks to my sister-in-law for graciously giving me her frequent flyer miles to get me there for free!

Our schedule is going to be filled with training seminars. We'll have training from 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM and then will have a break to see the tradeshow from 10:30 to 4:30. From 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM and then from 7:30 PM until 9:30 PM we'll be in two other training seminars. We do this for several days.

I'll be bringing my Fuji S5 Pro camera along with a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens to keep the weight down. I'll do my best to take as many photos as I can to document the trip. Of course, I'll post some here on the blog as soon as I can.

I'm looking forward to the trip and learning new photography tricks and business tips. I'm also excited to see all the new albums and equipment available to wedding and portrait photographers for this coming year!

No comments: