Friday, September 04, 2009

Swine Flu - H1N1

It seems colleges are a breeding ground for the H1N1 virus. Reports from my daughter and my niece is that both of their colleges have students who have been diagnosed with the virus. Apparently, many other colleges across our nation have the same thing happening.

There's really isn't much that can be done it seems to protect yourself from the H1N1 virus other than take a vaccination shot... if you can get one! There's not enough to go around and they are giving the shot to certain groups first before they give it to others. It's frustrating knowing that the virus is on campus with my daughter, but there's nothing I can do to help keep her safe!

For me, I've been battling some kind of virus as well for the past two weeks. While I have taken antibiotics and finished my dosage, I'm still coughing. It is irritating in that it just won't go away. Little "tickly coughs" really, nothing too serious any more, but it's still there. I suppose I'm lucky that I don't have any bookings for weddings these past couple of weeks, but it does affect my ability to concentrate to finish off wedding album designs.

My doctor says I don't have the H1N1 virus (good thing) and I knew I didn't either. I don't have flu-like symptoms in that while I've been tired, I don't have a high fever. Really, today, I feel pretty good, but again, my lack of concentration is affecting my daily life. The medication I was given doesn't help in that area either. In fact, it makes it worse. Both the antibiotics and the cough medications have as side effects... nausea and drowsiness. Put them both together and essentially, you are wiped out!

I'll be better soon, but in the meantime, it's frustrating not being able to be totally able to concentrate on things. Oh well...

No comments: