Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fishing Finally Pays Off


Back on March 7 and 9, I posted about my trip to Lake Michigan and how a guy named Dan who was fishing next to me took a photo of me fishing and holding my camera at the same time.

Well, after posting our images on various fishing forums online, Dan found out that I was a wedding photographer and we started emailing each other about the possibilities of me photographing his wedding. While his budget was under what my typical weddings go for, I was interested in talking to Dan and his fiancé Jané to see what could be done. Dan was a fun guy to be fishing next to that morning and I figured he might be a good client as well.

We met at my office today to discuss their wedding and now he and his fiancé Jané are one of my new clients for 2010! So finally, fishing has actually "paid off" for me! I may not have been the luckiest guy catching a fish that day, but I did reel in some business from being out there! I can now say to my wife, "See! Fishing actually MAKES me money... not COSTS me money! :)

I'm happy that we were able to work things out so that Dan and Jané could become one of my clients. They are both serving our nation in the Navy and I've always been happy photographing our service people. I started out photographing weddings in San Diego and we have plenty of military personnel out there. Some of my happiest memories from photographing weddings were from photographing Navy weddings in San Diego.

Welcome aboard Dan and Jané! :)

No comments: