Monday, April 26, 2010

Still Clearing My Head And Other Things...


After my battle with the wall last week, I'm still trying to clear my head.

The impact left me somewhat dazed for several days. Concerned friends and family all wanted me to go to get my head examined (for more than just that reason) but I didn't feel it needed it. Of course, any head injury could lead to serious consequences, I just did not feel I needed any medical attention.

My right upper arm has a huge bruise from it hitting the doorframe however. It takes several days for bruises to really look bad. I recall while working in law enforcement that we would take additional follow up photos of domestic violence victims several days after the incident. That's because the bruising really only starts looking bad at that time.

Today is really the first day that I feel pretty much back to normal. I'm still taking things slowly, but I think it is now ok.

Last Friday however, I went to my elementary school's 100th year celebration and took a bunch of photos there. I saw some old friends as well. So even though I was still somewhat dazed from the injury, I still worked as an "unofficial" photographer of the event. One friend I met just last year who was in an earlier class than I, brought some candies from our past to give to me. Ok, it wasn't OLD candy... it was just candies that as kids, we would all recognize. Things like Bazooka bubble gum, Smarties, Moritz "Ice Cubes", Necco Wafers and Ferrara Pan Lemon-head candies. Most surprising though was a pack of candied cigarettes! I thought they had banned those! But apparently, they still sell them over the internet! The "brand" she got for me was Lucky Lights (of course that's to make it look like the "Lucky Strikes" brand of cigarettes.)

While I never smoked and never had a desire to, I do remember these candied cigarettes. Thanks Pam! :) (Image borrowed from the internet)

No comments: