Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Email Scams

Like many others who have email addresses, I get email scams all the time.  Seems many of these are from Nigeria... something I find a bit funny really, but not sure why.

I'm pretty good at figuring out a scam very quickly.  I usually have a good laugh at it and then am tempted to email back to see how far the scammer will go to try to get my money.  But I know better than to engage these scammers.  So often, if I find a really good scam, I'll save it to a folder on my Microsoft Outlook to read again later.

Really, how many long lost relatives can a guy have?  Besides, are all of these guys millionaires like the scams say?  Are they really looking for me so that I can claim my riches?  Come on... how stupid do they think I am?

Or how about the ones that say they need someone to accept money for them and in return, I can keep some of the money for helping them out?  Get real!

Have you had any good scams sent to you lately?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These scams really effect our senior citizens. I see it all the time in my line of work and it's heart breaking. We have one client that has "fallen for" one of these scammers and has sent him lots and lots of money over many years. :(