Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mackie SRM350 Powered Speakers


After playing with the Chicago tribute band on October 1, many people have been asking me what I used for a PA system.  Well, that evening, I only used a single Mackie SRM350 powered speaker to handle my vocals, guitar and my brother's keyboard.  Surprisingly, it handled it fairly well considering it was only one speaker and had to compete with an entire band!

Recently, I decided I would get a second SRM350 to help spread out the sound better.  Putting a speaker to each side of the band works much better to spread out the sound for the entire room.  On Oct. 1, I had to move the single speaker to one side to avoid feedback for my microphone and guitar, but that just made me sound "off centered."  Having two speakers will give me more volume level while keeping my feedback problems minimized at the same time.

In the past, I had two JBL EON15 speakers, but I sold them to country singer Dana Malow.  They were getting too hard to move around at 44 lbs each and they wouldn't even fit in my car's trunk!  The Mackie SRM350 is smaller in size and the weight is only 32 lbs each.  Much better for me!

I hope to perform live a little more in the future and will be relying on the Mackies to handle my sound.

No comments: