Thursday, October 07, 2010

Memory Foam Mattress Focus Group

Once again, I participated in a focus group.  This time it was a study on memory foam mattresses.

Six people (only four showed up) were picked to test out mattresses.  We rotated from one mattress to the next and filled out a sheet to let the testers know what we felt about each mattress.  We were asked questions like whether the mattress was firm enough, had enough support, was comfortable enough, if it was easy to get out of the bed, easy to move around in and if we felt the quality was good.

Initially, I felt the foam mattresses had too much memory.  It was hard to roll around in the bed and it was definitely harder to get out of the bed because the foam tended to suck you back into the bed.  The first three beds felt like this, but in different degrees.  The last three beds actually felt like regular mattresses.  In the end, I felt I liked the last mattress the best.

I don't know if this bed had any memory foam in it or not, but it was comfortable, had good support, was easy to move around in and I had no problem getting out of the bed.  It didn't suck me back in.  So am I a candidate for memory foam?  Perhaps not.  I'm ok with that.  I still got paid to lie down on the job.  :)


No comments: