Thursday, September 01, 2011

Update on the Knee Brace

Well, I wore the knee brace for about 3 days and stopped wearing it.  I had developed an allergic reaction to the straps!

I'm not sure what the straps are made of, but it looks like some kind of neoprene material around the outer edges of the strap padding.  That's the areas that my skin was reacting to.  So, off came the brace and electrical stuff!

I waited all this time and just started to wear the brace again today after being shipped a Lycra "sleeve" which could be worn under the brace to shield my skin from the straps.  Hopefully this will help.  And, I don't need to wear the electrical components during the day either now.  I was sent a "Night Wrap" which allows the electrodes to be attached to and then I can wear that while I sleep.  While it might be a hassle wearing this on my leg all night long, at least I won't need to mess with the electrical device during the day.

I'll report back once I've had a chance to wear this new configuration for a while.  Right now, my knee actually feels just fine.  But several weeks ago, it was another story... totally in pain then with every step.  Today, you wouldn't know I had a knee problem.  I don't attribute that to the brace or anything though.  I think it just naturally got  better.  Time will tell if the brace and electrical stimulus will really do the job.

No comments: