Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Night Photography of the Chicago Skyline with Balanced Exposure Students 8-27-12

What a great evening!  Thirty-five of the Balanced Exposure students joined me as we learned how to photograph the Chicago Skyline.  It was a "sell-out" event and I had to turn down quite a few students who wanted to attend, but 35 is about the limit I can handle and teach properly.

I will offer this again in the future, but due to most of my evenings being taken up with classes at the school itself, this evening was the only one I had open for 2012.

These images were taken with a Nikon D4 and Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 lens.  The moon photo was taken with the Nikon D4 and a 300mm lens borrowed from one of my students.  It's been cropped tight, but we can still see the craters on the moon.  Too bad it wasn't a full moon, but it was still fun to shoot it.

Professional model Jessica joined us as well so the students were able to try photographing a subject in the foreground while continuing to get a great skyline in the background.

We all had a great time and we will definitely do more of this kind of location classes again.




No comments: