Friday, July 18, 2014

George Foreman Grills



I love my George Foreman grills!  I have three "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machines"!

Several years ago, I purchased the middle-sized grill in the upper left of the photos via a Groupon Goods deal but recently got two others from my mom.  She had been using the small one in the upper right, but after moving to California, she left her grill at her home in Florida.  My sister and I recently went to Florida to clean up the Florida home and found her grill, along with the largest one that was never used.

My sister purchased the large grill for her many years ago, but she never used it.  It was still in the original box.  Since she probably will not use it going forward, we shipped both grills to Illinois for me to use.

I recently went on a low calorie, low carb diet and am grilling all of my food on the small grill.  I love these grills because it is so fast to cook on!  I just put my food on the grill, close the lid and in about 5 to 8 minutes, the food is done!  No flipping is needed since the top and bottom both cook the food at the same time.  Clean up is a snap too.  I just wet a sponge, suspend the grill over the edge of the sink in the countertop and wipe.  In just about 30 seconds, the grill is clean and I'm ready to eat!

So far, I've lost 12 lbs in about a week and a half.  My goal is to lose 50 lbs by the end of 2014.  We'll see if I can do it, but 12 years ago when I did a low calorie, low carb diet, I lost 30 lbs in 3 months.  Being older now, it may be harder to do, but I'm giving it the ol' college try!  Wish me luck!

No comments: