Friday, September 26, 2014

Coho Salmon - Racine Wisconsin



Foggy day fishing today in Racine Wisconsin.

This 6 lb - female Coho Salmon was caught at 4:55 AM.  No other fish were caught from any other fishermen on the shore the rest of the morning.  Well, my friends and I left around 10 AM, so perhaps there could have been another caught after that time, but I doubt it.  Most often fish are usually caught before 8 AM.

Fishing was tough today.  While the temperature was decent and not freezing me out there and the water was really calm, it was extremely foggy.  The fog horns were driving me crazy since I was within perhaps 15 feet of it.

After getting home, I vacuum-packed the fish and froze it.  I'll head back out there soon.  This is Salmon season, so I hope to get out as often as I can.

No comments: