Monday, October 05, 2015

U-505 Submarine at The Museum of Science and Industry





I went to the Museum of Science and Industry today.  I've been there many times before.  I also knew that they remodeled the U-505 submarine exhibit many years ago, but I never went in there since the remodeling until today.  I was very surprise to see the submarine inside the building!  Since I was young, it was always outside the building and all we got to see was the inside of the sub.

Well, seeing it up close from the outside of the submarine was unbelievable!  It is a lot larger than I had first thought it would be!  Of course, inside is still cramped, but outside, it's huge!

I didn't go inside the sub because I've been in there many times in the past.  I didn't even bring my DSLR cameras with me!  All I brought was my small Lumix DMC-LX5 four-thirds sensor camera that I usually bring when fishing.  I couldn't get the whole sub in my shot with the built-in lens making me immediately wishing I had my Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 ultrawide angle lens and Nikon D750 instead.  Oh well, like they say, the best camera is the one you have with you!

No comments: