Wednesday, February 10, 2016

On Hub - Router


I recently upgraded my internet with Comcast to 75mbps.  Unfortunately, I was told both my Motorola cable modem and my Linksys router were too old to get the faster speed.  They are only 2 years old!  Apparently, 2 years in this industry is considered too old!  Because of this and the fact that my router was not the fastest available, my 75mbps was only giving about 18mbps speed.

I went to Best Buy and purchased an On Hub TP-Link router (made by Google) for $199.95.  Yes, very expensive... but worth it!  (My old Linksys router was only around $59.)  The On Hub is very simple to set up and is controlled by the On Hub app on my iPhone.  Now I'm getting 89mbps speed!  Plus, the app allows for quick remote diagnostics of the network even off-site and can handle up to 128 devices... so it can handle any of my home devices as well as a LOT of guests asking to connect at the same time when they come to our home to visit!

The On Hub has 13 antennas built into it and so the range is plenty to cover our home.  You can be anywhere in the house and get great connectivity.

Highly recommended!  Read more about it on their website by clicking here.

By the way, I did not update my Motorola modem, even though Comcast tried to convince me it wasn't good enough and too old.  Well, it
is good enough because with it and the On Hub, I'm getting faster speed than I'm supposed to at 89 mbps!

No comments: