Friday, March 11, 2016

Five Guys vs In-N-Out



How would I rate Five Guys Burger and Fries over In-N-Out Burger?

First, I'd consider taste... The In-N-Out to me is a bit tastier because it's greasier.  Some would say juicier.  But, the Five Guys has more toppings and condiment choices which are included in its price that adds tastes of its own.

An In-N-Out Burger costs around $3.45 per Double Double (two patties, two slices of cheese).  The Little Cheese Burger from Five Guys is $4.59.  It's about the same size as the Double Double.  But you get only one patty and one slice of cheese.  However, you get a lot of condiments and toppings with the price of the Five Guys burger.

The fries are more costly at Five Guys but they give you a lot more.  It is also fried in peanut oil, which to me, makes it tastier.  There was supposed to be a secret menu like In-N-Out has, so I ordered their "Cheese Fries" (which was supposed to be a secret menu item).  I was told they didn't have Cheese Fries, just regular fries.  Disappointing!

In the end, the Five Guys cost more, has less meat and cheese but gives you more toppings and condiment choices for the money.  The In-N-Out burger is less expensive, greasier but tastier.

What's important to you?

2 comments:

Daniel said...

The fries are so much better at Five Guys. I have an In and Out about a mile away and would rather go to Wendy's. The Habit is almost as good as Five Guys. Plus Five guys has to have the longest lunch and dinner time rush lines. It just isn't worth it unless you have an emotional connection.

russlowe said...

I agree about the fries. Five Guys is better. They cook them in peanut oil and I think that makes a big difference.