Thursday, September 22, 2016

6 Lb Coho Salmon Caught at 4:40 AM in Racine Wisconsin






I went fishing today at 3:15 AM at Racine Harbor.  That meant getting up around 1:30 AM and leaving the house before 2:00 AM!  When I arrived at Racine Harbor, the fog was so dense, you could barely see in front of you!  You can see the fog in the photo of me.

I caught a 24", 6 lb female Coho Salmon at 4:45 AM.  That's earlier than I've ever caught a fish!  My friend Gayle that you see in the photo above caught a 3 lb female Coho at 6:20 AM.  This was Gayle's first salmon out of Lake Michigan and also the first fish she has ever caught with an artificial lure!  Gayle was the one who first taught me how to fish many years ago!!

Both of our fish had roe.

The other guy you see is just someone on the pier fishing with everyone else.  That's a 9 lb Steelhead caught around 7:45 AM!  And finally, the last fish you see is a huge 18 lb King Salmon!!  That was caught around 6:00 AM.  That fish was so large that holding it upright, it probably went from the ground to just above waist level!

Fishing was good today.  It was really foggy when we first arrived.  Weather was warm too.  But later, it got a little cooler.  My friend Jim was going to join us, but he had car problems early in the morning and had to deal with that.  Too bad, he would have liked the action out there today!  Oh well, next week!!

Update:  I just had the fish for dinner.  It was excellent!  No fishy taste at all.  Must be because it's early in the salmon fishing season!

No comments: