Wednesday, October 05, 2005

New Grass Artist - Haley Dykes




What in the world is New Grass?!

It's kind of a blend of Blue Grass and well... New Stuff! :)

Haley Dykes is the youngest daughter of legendary fingerstyle guitarist Doyle Dykes. Doyle is well known to thousands of Taylor guitar enthusiasts as one of their featured celebrity endorsers of their beautiful guitars. If you've never heard Doyle play before, you've been missing out. I've been playing guitar for about 36 years and I've never heard or seen anyone play the guitar like Doyle. He's the fastest and most inventive guitarist I know! Visit his site at http://doyledykes.com

Any way, Haley is a new artist who has just released her first CD entitled, "The Mystery of Her." It is absoulutely fabulous!

I was first introduced to Doyle and Haley by my long-time friend, Jerry Moy. He had been a "Doyle Fan" for quite a while and invited me to join him at one of Doyle's Chicago concerts. Well, I was blown away. Doyle played that acoustic guitar in a way I've never seen or heard anyone play an acoustic guitar before. I became an instant fan. But just as impressive as Doyle is on the guitar, his daughter Haley has just as much talent singing and playing her mandolin!

Small in stature but huge in vocals is what I say! Miss Haley wins the hearts of everyone who hears her sing. What an absolute talent! Please visit her website at http://www.haleymusic.net

By the way, Jerry and I try to attend every Doyle and Haley event whenever they visit the Chicago area. Haley says, "It's always great to see you and Jerry - you're a part of our coming to Chicago now!" Doyle and Haley are the most "down-to-earth" folks you'd ever hope to meet. They always take time to meet and greet their fans and sign autographs. I'm happy to say I'm a fan of theirs and even happier to count them among my friends.

If any of you are interested in seeing Doyle and Haley the next time they are in Chicago, let me know and I'll email you and we can all go together!

Photo info: I shot this image of Haley on Sept 19, 2005 in Villa Park, IL. Haley and her dad were playing at a Guitar Center store and were set up in front of a bunch of guitar amps and guitars... not the most interesting background as it looked kind of cluttered. To enhance the image, I added the "spotlight" effect using Adobe Photoshop. I also tilted the camera to add some dynamics to the image. Neat, huh? :)

1 comment:

russlowe said...

Just got an email message from Haley who was very pleased with the "review."

She's talented AND polite too! :)

Russ